Monday, March 11, 2019

The Next Novel Update





I know the theme and the premise and the A plot and the title of the next book and I'm going to start writing in earnest on April 1, but not all of the characters are showing up yet. It's like, I'm going to have to start writing before I find out who wants to be in the book.

There's Eli of course, and the B plot is going to focus on Ellen and Gail and campus politics and a potential international incident. So those are set. I also have a main antagonist for the B plot based on Sepp Blatter or maybe an evil Poirot.

There's a new sidekick whose name is Goldberg or maybe Epstein who is a Brooklyn kid who moved out to Arizona a while back and he's going to be a guide and a foil for the first part of the book and end up murdered. He's going to fill in some of the local color but also help navigate the court and prison system for the reader.

But then I have this family of just really horrible crazy people and I'm drawing a total blank on them. I think they should all have really blond hair and eyebrows. And they're all just terribly damaged humans. I know some of the key plot points. But I don't know how to make the crime spree escalate.

No comments:

Post a Comment