Monday, October 23, 2017

English Place Names

There's nothing like the real thing!

Here's a list of English place names.  The first one is alphabetical and the second one is shuffled. I took out just a few of the big cities.

How could you resist the town of Fridaythorpe??

Alphabetical list here.

Stowy, Twiston, and Piddleton at your fingertips!

A shuffled list here.

The reason you need this is that you don't want to be stuck naming your towns stupid names you pull out of thin air. Just print out one of the many, many, many pages and you instantly have all the names of cities, towns, villages and hamlets you will ever, ever need.

No need to attribute me on these either, they're just lists. No intellectual property. Use them however you like!

By the way... I have lists of place names from other countries as well. Not as voluminous as this one, but you could use these foreign names as the names of villages of elfs, dwarfs or gnomes as well as foreign Men. Let me know in the comments if you wanna see some.

Also, apropos of nothing, I need to show you this.




2 comments:

  1. Hey, thank you! Very useful lists :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found them, and I do hope they are useful or fun to read. They always make me smile!

      Delete