Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Fallen Empire Campaign Elevator Pitch

I'll get to explaining the various elements when I have a better handle on them. For today, I wrote the elevator pitch for the campaign. I also worked on a post about what a Referee should do during his first session with his play group which I will post at some point. But here is the elevator pitch.



FALLEN EMPIRE CAMPAIGN

This campaign takes place in an important port city. It was once the greatest city in the world but over the centuries it has degenerated. So enclaves sit in between ruins where the old city once thrived. New guilds and old noble houses vie for power and - oh yes - the Prince lays dying without an heir. Treasure hunters are looting his castle as we speak. 

Politics, trade, reclaiming the city’s territory and catacombs from monsters, and exploring the decrepit castle on the hill: all these things are happening right now in Port, the City of the Fallen Empire

Now after that, I will have a little flier with several specific campaign ideas with varying levels of politics and fighting clearly spelled out. When we sit down to make our characters in the first session, part of that time will be deciding what kinds of adventures the players want to have. I'm really into player-directed action, so if there is at least one guy at the table who likes to take his character's destiny in his own hands, then I'll let them decide. Otherwise I will lead the decision making process and probably go with a low-politics high-fighting kind of game.

No comments:

Post a Comment