Monday, January 7, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... Best-Laid Plans and all that


On the 1st of this year, I said the following: 

But I have not got the chops to do art. Nope. No way. Nor would I want to lay out the cover. 


As it turns out, I will be doing the art myself. It won't be anything like what I imagine it to be. It will probably cost me hundreds of sales. But I just can't find room in my family budget for $500 of artwork by a professional.


Here's some examples of what I was looking for:






Here's something more like what I will get: 



And I'm OK with that.

My goal is to publish a book. I will call it a success if 100 people who I do not know buy it within one year. This is an incredibly modest goal but I also think it is realistic for a brand new writer self-publishing with no pub and no knowledge of marketing or of the industry.

Here is my first attempt. The main character and many of the supporting cast are nonwhite and it's very difficult to find a black gunfighter as the hero in one of these scenes, but here is the idea:


Yes, it's a pseudonym. 
Just an idea I'm toying with.


No comments:

Post a Comment